Thursday, January 23, 2014

Reason #15 - Work

   This may sound unusual, but I love working! This is mostly because I adore my job. I work at the Gymboree outlet and it's the bomb! I think it's way better than working in food or as a fair greeter (my previous jobs). I get to sell cute clothing to cute kids. And getting to interact with the little ones is the best! The other day a little girl asked me to watch the TV with her and I did for a little because we weren't busy! It was so precious. I just feel so good when I get to work. It gets me out of the house and takes my mind off of things for awhile. It also helps when you enjoy being around the people you work with. Tonight I helped put together a lot of outfits for a woman who was shopping for her daughter. I was working with her for over an hour! It's so satisfying pleasing someone else and hearing them say, "I'm going to write you a good review." If it paid better I could probably do this for the rest of my life! But there are many other jobs that I want to experience in life, so that probably won't happen.

   If I had any advice to give if would be to find a job that makes you happy! It's really difficult during your teenage years because jobs are slim. I was lucky to work at a restaurant where a lot of my good friends worked so that really helped. I had fun there, but eventually I was ready for something different and decided to leave instead of continuing in a job that I didn't enjoy as much. Money is nice to have, but happiness is way more important. There is something out there that you will look forward to doing, you just have to search a little to find it sometimes! :)

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment