Monday, August 25, 2014

Reason #29 - Work and Charity

   Something that always makes me feel better is throwing myself right into something. I recently started working two different jobs - a survey call center and a clothing store. I'll let you guess which one is the more enjoyable. But even if these jobs aren't what I want to be doing for the rest of my life, I feel so blessed to be able to have jobs. I feel so much better when I leave the house and step into work, knowing that there are people who are counting on me to complete a task. It makes me feel needed, which is something that everyone desires. In a way, I feel like I am making my own tiny, little difference in the world. And I'm not just sitting on my couch feeling sorry for myself, so that's a plus.

   No matter who you are, doing service or charity work will always improve your mood. One of my favorite quotes is, "We rise by lifting others." I believe in this 100%. In high school I volunteered at a camp for people with physical and mental disabilities. I can honestly say that this was one of the best experiences of my life. There is nothing like bringing joy and friendship to someone who needs it. There are 7 billion people on this earth and every single one of them deserves to be cared for. Every. Single. One. I wish I could split myself up 7 billion different ways so that I can give every individual person the love and attention that they deserve. But even if I can't do that, it's enough just to make one person's day. People need people. It's so important to be someone who has an open heart and to constantly be there for others. You do not know what is going on in another's life or what they might be struggling with. Make life a little easier for someone by just being nice. It really is that simple. And when you throw yourself into work or charity, you don't have time to dwell on things that make you sad. :)

- B

No comments:

Post a Comment