Thursday, May 22, 2014

Reason #26 - Exercise

   Today I am very thankful for exercise. Since I am an exercise physiology major, I thought that this semester it would be a good idea to actually... exercise. I have always loved sports and have been semi-active. But since I now have access to one of the best exercise facilities in the nation, I have decided to take my health more seriously. It's not easy to find motivation to get up and get moving, but I have amazing roommates that give me just the right amount of push that I need. Once I am there, I love it. It's so nice to feel like you have control of your body and it's even better to see the progress you've made. Just knowing that I made it to the gym is an accomplishment for me. Today I was especially happy because all my roommates were busy, but I still got dressed at went to the gym myself. It felt so freeing just being able to run alone and clear my mind. Eventually I ran into a friend and he showed me some good exercises that I will probably start doing a lot now!
 
   In my personal health and fitness class we were discussing what kind of exercise is the best for you. We came to the conclusion that the best exercise is the one that you enjoy the most. There's no sense in swimming laps if you hate being in the pool. Chances are if you enjoy the exercise, then you will be more willing to do it. It really is that simple. Plus, my mood is all around better when I get a good work out in. It gets me out of bed and gives me an opportunity to clear my mind. If you don't have access to a gym, there are plenty of things you can do without one. Play tag, go on a hike, shoot hoops, learn yoga. All you have to do is find something you like and do it! :)

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment