Thursday, March 13, 2014

Reason #24 - Music

   Upon getting to know someone, I like to find out what kind of music they listen to. You can tell A LOT about a person based on what they have on their Ipod. Music is so universal and very personal to many people. Certain songs can have very special meanings for people. "Hey Jude" by the Beatles is one of my favorite songs. It reminds me of a trip I went on with the youth in my church. We sang it on the bus one day and now every time I hear that song I remember the amazing feeling of that carefree summer.
  
   Music can unite thousands of people at a time. One of my favorite things is being in the crowd at a concert and dancing and singing with all the strangers around me. The last concert I went to, Weezer (SO GOOD), we met some kids around our age and instantly became friends after a conversation about how much we love the band.

   Plus some of my most favorite memories come from concerts. I saw Blink-182 (also good) a few years back and it rained for a good 5 hours. "Rained" is putting it lightly, it POURED. It was a blast though because no one cared, we were drenched. It was definitely something I cannot forget. Especially because now anytime I hear one of their songs I have flashbacks from that day. I don't think I have gone to a single concert that I wouldn't want to relive if I had the chance.

   When I am happy, sad, or angry, I put on the radio. I love that there is literally a song for any emotion and any situation. I envy people who can write music that can relate to so many people.

 
- B :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment